I’ve made two videos to show how the Ryzom GUI Editor works right at the moment.
The first video was basically meant as a features demo, to show all the currently available features of the editor.
It shows the following features, using the Ryzom Core login screen as an example:
- Link editor
- Process editor
- Action editor
- Project editor
- GUI hierarchy traversal
- Live preview of the GUI widget property changes
The second video shows some changes being made to the login screen, and then those changes saved into a new GUI XML file which is then loaded by the client.
Basically it is fairly simple. All one has to do is:
- load a project into the editor,
- make changes,
- save them ( into a new XML file, if the project loads the old Ryzom XMLs, since those are made of sets of files, and the editor saves into a single file only ),
- copy them into the client’s data/gamedev directory,
- edit the client config so instead of the old XML set the new file is loaded
- start up the client and see the results!
Enjoy! However please don’t forget that all this is only a little preview, a teaser even. There’s still a lot of work to be done, until the GUI Editor will be a fully functional tool!